Saturday, August 8, 2009

Healthy breakfast ideas for my 19 year old please?

He doesnt like cereal and usually has a toasted sandwich with cheese but I think he is eating too much fat. Can anyone think of something yummy but healthy ?
Answer:
Malt loaf and an apple with peanut butter on.Surprisingly amazing!Otherwise I have weetabix with chocolate chunks - a combination of healthy and not so healthy (has he tried weetabix - worth a go? I'm not crazy about cereal either but weetabix rules...)
A banana
low fat yogurt with fruit (chopped banana, raspberries etc)
brown toast and penut butter
Simple :) A healthy cereal such as Cheerios, Life, Smart Start, Etc. A glass of O.J. and a peice of fruit.
okay what he is eating is fine don't try to overfeed him or he won't like it and it may result in arguments
Do you mean 19, or 9? Let the idiot feed himself...
Instead of cheese, have an egg with a tomato. Or peanut butter on toast. Both have that savoury taste, but are good for you. However, I also suggest that you examine all of his eating habits before you nix the cheese on toast. It could be that he needs that fat...he is a young guy.
Oatmeal is great! I like Quaker Oats because they have individual packets. Fruit %26 Cream are good and provide nominal amounts of fruit, the flavor is great. Fresh fruit is great for mornings too. I try to have a bowl of oatmeal, an apple and a slice of whole wheat toast. It's very filling too and sticks with me until my mid-morning snack (more fruit). Poached eggs, one or two slices of bacon (no sausage - very fatty) and a slice of whole wheat toast is good too.Thanks for being responsible enough to look out for your children's health.
Did you ever try a hard boiled egg? or scrambled eggs? How about french toast. Pancakes r made with milk + egg.I use to make a pudding with milk+ eggs 4 babys breakfast. CUSTARD is another one my baby likes.
19 year old??
Point outWashboard stomachs get girls and BJs fat tummies dont.Smothies.
ie fruit milkshake...Ygurt with varoius blended fruit... yummy like puddling and add cerial and nuts...
maybe some ginger and blend it all up.
Porridge oats to lower his cholesterol and fruit. Toast is OK but put something healthy, like peanut butter, honey or Marmite on it - not cheese.
who gives a crap about what he likes?... you think I like having to be on a low sodium diet and eating food that tastes like cardboard?. Food is not all about pleasure.
I pretty much alternate between egg based breakfasts and oatmeal. Basically I eat oatmeal with fruits in it almost every morning except about twice a week I have eggs. (yes, eggs might be high in cholesterol, but they're also high in just about every mineral and vitamin your body might need.
The oatmeal might not be the yummiest thing but it is healthy and very filling. Tell that kid to get over worshiping his taste buds and think about feeding his brain and body.
I know somebody like that who constantly complains: "I don't like that"... he only likes bacon and eggs for breakfast and can't go a meal without eating a ton of fat.... he weighs a ton and looks like a big quivering blob of jello.
hope this site gives ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment