Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Has anyone here used Xenical?

I know of the nasty side effects, I'm prepared for that. If it works it will be worth it.
Yes, I know, eat less move more. Sounds so easy. Desperation has set in.
Answer:
I am generally anti slimming pills, if I am pushed in to a corner however, this is the only one I am ever prepared to prescribe.There are a number of reasons for this, first and foremost, it is not centrally active. It therefore has absolute zero potential for addiction. Secondly it is so safe that it is the only prescribed weight loss drug ever to obtain a maintenance licence. This means if it is working it can be used indefinitely.Thirdly it has been shown to produce a reasonable number of patients who loose weight and sustain the weight loss.The side effects of Xenical are in a way it's mode of action. It damages the bowel enzymes that digest fat so about 20% of the fat intake is not absorbed. The result is the fat has to find its way out some other way. (loose to liquid stool sometimes with cramps). It must therefore be used with a low fat diet.Even if you do, with your GPs approval, go in this direction you must exercise as well to stand a chance of getting decent weight loss.
i did a year ago. it's effective yet a bit disgusting.
My sister took it and she did loose weight but I think it was because she was petrified to eat anything fattyShe had a doughnut once and got in an awful mess lol Psssssst I will leave you to think of the rest of that story
What's that then??
Yes I have .
I had bad w effects and went on to find something else
how much weight do you have to loose ?
whats your height?
My neighbours friend used it, went to an Indian restaurant and tried to eat something without too much fat but I guess that wasn't good enough. Suddenly, without warning she had the 'runs' big time, as she sat at the table....she had to run out leaving a trail behind her and of course, can never go back. Its her hubby I feel sorry for, left sitting there and having to try and explain.
hiya there!ive used xenical and i wouldnt reccommend it. ive had 3 courses each lasting 6 months without any effect on my weight. There was a major side effect which isnt too nice to mention which involves the secretion of oil and i mean proper oil, which is really nasty, i thought i could put up with it but if there is even a trace of fat in the food the side effects happen. i really wouldnt reccommend it , in the end i had the gastric band and lost stones. hope this helps and good luck !
Yep, used them for 6 months, no change except in the nasty side effects, but not bad enough to stop me...
Hi I have been taking Xenical on and off for a few months. I found the side effects were livable with (smelly wind etc.) And I did find it helped me maintain my weight although not really lose it. The major help I found was that it made me feel less bloated and more regular which helped with my overall shape. I found that it didnt really help with weight LOSS but just helped to maintain a little but definately did help me feel less bloated. You can get lots of different ytpes of herbal and less traditional remedies for weight loss on line and there are a few private clinics that will help. Ibe taken things like this in the past and found it helped with starting you off and helping you find some confidence!. hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment