Saturday, August 8, 2009

Has anyone tried Curves - fitness/weight loss? if so was it effective?


Answer:
Yes and no - depends on where you are - if you are a beginner it is a good way to begin but I didn't like it. The routine is too slow and you face other people on the circuit which I didn't like. You don't know where to look, like being in an elevator! ha ha
I changed to Bally's and got a few training sessions. Liked it a lot better, showed me what to do and I stuck to it.
You can also do exercises at home, I love Billy Blanks and jumping rope, that made a difference in one week! (as long as you also eat healthy). Good for you for thinking healthy!!
yes my wife did this she lost 165 lbs on weight watchers and bye going to curves 5 days a week
I went to Curves, I wasn't overweight but I wanted to lose inches. It worked for me. I lost 4 inches around waist and toned legs, arms and butt. I enjoyed it.
I actually liked it. I was a member for 1 1/2 years but because of my health, I didn't use it as much as I should have. There is very upbeat music, you exericse on a machine for so many seconds, then you walk, dance, jog, whatever you want on a mat next to the next machine for so many seconds, then you go to the next machine. My Curves had 12 machines and they recommend you do the circuit twice, then they give you slow down exercises. I was diagnosed with RA and just wasn't able to do a lot of the machines and it actually increase my fatigue. I think it is a good idea.
well it works, but it depends how dedicated you are... you just need to find any kind of exercise for 30 mintues day for at least 3 days a week. and eat healthier

No comments:

Post a Comment