Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Green Tea?

I'm quite over weight, 190 lbs and 5'7" and I just can't handle the humilation anymore. Over the past month i'v started eating very healthy food in smallar proportions and moderate excersise and i'v only lost 7 pounds. I'v heard that drinking green tea regularly can help boost metabolism. I'm not looking for a miracle or anything but is this true?
Answer:
you have lost 7pounds in one month! that is an accomplishment. good work. just keep doing what u are doing and then gradually add on, by including exercise. yes to the green tea, but trul not enough to make a big difference. u are doing right by eating small portions. keep at it. and good luck
if so then im going to have to start drinking green tea
what the green tea does is curb your appitite
glad to hear you are eating healthier food
keep it up the pounds will come off
happy dieting and good luck
also drink lots of water to help flush out fat
do not eat smaller portions of food. have most of your calories for breakfast, that way as the day goes along, so does your calories. have a 300-400 calorie filled breakfast. eat a snack between breakfst and lunch, maybe an apple. lunc have a sandwich with whole wheat bread. and dinner. you should hae 3 full course meals every day. 4-6 servings of veggies an 2-4 servings of fruits. you might want to think about doing some cardio exercise, if youre not already. wak fo 30 mins. and another 30 minute spend on harder cardiac exercise. i'm trying to lose the pounds as well, and this has been working for me..(4 pounds in one week). my mom drinks green tea, but its not a miracle worker or anything bu it does help.
no, green teat does not help boost the metabolism, if that was true then we wouldnt have to eat often to boost our metabolsm, instead just drink green tea and that would not work, plus there is no evidence supporting this.
I've read conflicting reports of the studies done on green tea's health benefits. But I figure drinking it is better than downing energy drinks like red bull or monster.Your weight loss might be due to the EGCG that the green tea contains. It could be because drinking the tea adds to your daily water intake which helps cleanse your body and improve your metabolism. Or it could be due to the caffeine content of the green tea, which is supposed to help boost the metabolism also.I started drinking black and green teas when I wanted to cut back on my cigars and coffee intake and I have to tell you - I'm less stressed out ( less jittery or jumpy), and my stomach feels better because it's not being attacked by the acidic coffee. Anyway, keep reading up on it, make your own decisions and live with it. Remember all these FDA reports can't always be generalized to everyone. Your body's different from the next person's body to some extent. I hope this helps. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment