Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Going From Six-Pack To Washboard Abs?

Hello-
I've recently progressed from being 15 lbs overweight to finally seeing my sixpack. I'm 5'11 and 155lbs with 7.6% bf and would love to take that last step to having my abdominals nice and chiseled. I may have hit a plateau wall, but don't want to do anything drastic to break through. No crazy drugs/supplements. Any ideas would be helpful, more cardio, more weighted ab training, better dieting (maybe I'm not doing enough or giving myself enough time to see results) Most of the weight lose happened last last year however I only really gave myself the washboard abs goal since new years. Anyway, please let me know what the ideal washboard ab % should be. 6%???? Or if another 5lbs drop is required. THANKS.
Answer:
That would require you to have a pretty low body fat percentage...but with 7.6 you should be okay.A reason why you don't have the abs you want is because of your diet. Maybe you're taking in too much sodium, which retains water, resulting in a soft look. You should also try some carb cycling.
All you can do is build the muscle, and burn the fat. By your stats I'm picturing you as fairly thin and you're a vegan. Are you getting enough protein to be building muscle? Just keep doing ab exercises (as well as other muscle areas), and doing cardio and your results will happen. Make sure to change up your ab routine too, to give the body a shock (helps to prevent plateaus). Give your body something it's not used to. As well ensure that your program is hitting all three areas of the abdominals, the upper, lower and obliques. Good Luck.
A couple of years ago I had a four back and the bottom two abdominals as everyone knows are the hardest to get. My diet consisted of 6 meals a day (3 low fat hight protein meals and 2 high protein low carb snacks). My meals consisted of lots of chicken, tuna and low fat meats. Snacks consisted of nuts, low fat cheeses, blueberries, and lots of water. I did take protein shakes here and there as snack replacements. My body fat % was at 6.7%. My work outs consisted of 25 minute carbs and 4 sets of 5 different work outs, primarily focused on abs and chest. After that, I went into a binge dude, I lost my four pack (thanks to alcohol) and gained like 10 lbs. back. I was in shape but not top shape. I'm on the track again and going with that formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment