Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Has anyone been to weight watchers? did it help and do they cater for indian foods?


Answer:
It absolutely works, as long as you stick to it. I lost nearly 23 lbs in 2001 and kept it off. I moved to Spain and worked as a leader over here for 2 years. You can eat whatever you want as long as you count the points.
My tips for sucess,
Don't think of it as a diet, view it as a change in lifestyle. You can't just "eat thin" for a few weeks, lose the weight and then go back to what you were doing (well you can, but the weight will go straight back on) Any changes you make must be sustainable if you want the weight loss to be sustainable. Don't make yourself miserable.
Go to your meeting every week, if you can't get to your own, go to another, do not miss. Especially if you haven't had a good week and think you may have gained weight. That is when you need your meeting the most.
Stay, don't just weigh in and run. You wouldn't pay to go to the cinema and only watch the openning scene would you.Trust the program, it really does work, if it's not working for you it's because you are making a mistake in the way you are using it. That's ok because your leader can help you work out what that is. There is only 1 mistake he or she can't help you with, one fatal and irretrievable error, and that is to give up. Everything else is solvable but if you give up, there's nothing anybody can do.I had to give up working as a leader but the lady currently running the meeting has lost 22kilos (around 4 stone) it works, really it does. Good luck
Im joining on Wednesday!!! Lets hope they do ,,,,
Weight Watchers is very good as is any diet as long as you can stick to it. It works on the principle that if you can calculate the fat in every food you eat you can work out how many points you are eating per day. Your points limit will be worked out on joining. This being the case, it doesnt matter what type of food you eat. Good luck
Ive done Weight Watchers, and got my goal weight, but didn't win slimmer of the year, But YES it works, and you can have curry's etc, if you count what you eat...Ive stuck at my goal weight, and have been there for the past 10 years, and I do like to have a few Vodka's and red bulls at weekends,,,
I have done weight watchers and yes they can be good and keep you focused. But it is a right pain in the *** to pay all that money and be told you have lost no weight that week.
i did weight watchers almost 3 years ago , it works and yes they do have a section in there points book for Indian food, they teach u how to eat to where u lose the weight and keep it off it worked for me and i would definitely tell u to try it
No offence to ww but I have tried their diet/eating plan and struggled with counting every point that passed my lips, on saying that I do know people that it has worked for and swear by it. However, my fave is slimming world. I joined first in 1994 and lost over 7stone!!! Wow! Yep I did! But... I put alot of it back on when I had my son and have also let myself go over the last 10years. However... I re-joined a month ago and have lost 8lb so far, still enjoying my martinis and vodka etc. On the subject of indian meals... Sw have a fantastic cook book of all sorts of curries suitable for everyone... Remember, whatever you choose, enjoy it. Don't look at it as a diet but healthy eating and a little of what you fancy does you good! :-)
ive been doing weight watchers and exercising for 4 weeks now and have lost 12 pounds so far....i personally think the point system is very easy to follow..as for catering to a specific type of food when you join you get a food companion book that does list different ethnic foods and what the points would be...but as long as you have the label from a food product you can figure out the points on your own
Hi yes ive been on weight watcher and it works and it works very quickly when you go you will get a book telling you how many point each food is and you can buy a book called a shopping guide and when you go shopping everything you buy is listen so i guess indian is counted as all food it. If your on about like take aways there is a eating out guide also.If you stick to going to weight watchers it will be the best thing you have dont. I wish you all the best with your weight loss and be prepared for big changes

No comments:

Post a Comment