Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Has any one else gotten ill from drinking diet coke?

I drank diet coke for the last few years and two years ago i started drinking coke zero...then i started getting ill and was diagnosed with lupus and i gained twenty pounds...i had a toothache and could not eat or drink anything but warm coffee for a few days until i could go see the dentist.. even though my tooth was killing me i noticed after not drinking diet coke for a few days that my joints were not swollen and i felt like a new person...not ill ...i stopped drinking diet coke after that and lost 20 # in 3 weeks!!! i have no signs or symtoms of lupus now...no joint pain and feel like a new person...any one else?? i think aspartame is poison...and to think i was kind of a health nut and diet coke my only vice...
Answer:
Im very glad that you chose to get off of the diet coke, it is a serious health hazard, we are learning about the affects of it in Health Class and I was shocked!!..Im glad that they are teaching about this in school. Coke is a major weakness for sooo many people including me!...I find that I only drink it when Im @ school, just because i cant @ home. I'll drink it just because its there and i can. I know that this is very bad for me. Especially after hearing your story. What I m trying to say is that they need to take those coke machines out nof high schools, they are making money off of the expence of youth. The aspertame is soo dangerous, its found in PAINT THINNER! thats craazy, we wouldnt drink paint thinner!..I totally agree with you and am glad they you health has gotten better since stopping the coke. I truely belive that its like an addiction. Just sharing this will help get the word out. Also you could write letters to local schools and see if they can put gatorade or fruit juices instead. Im sorry if Im loking @ this from a high schoolers perspective, but maybe this helps :)...Thanks for your question, and have a great night.
no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im not really shure wat to say to that but thats creappy cuz im crazy about pepsi hope that doesent happen with that soda as well
My sister experienced similar, though not as severe, symptoms while on Weight Watchers, which also contains loads of aspartame.
Try looking online, maybe the U.S. F.D.A website.Glad your feeling better :)
I've gotton stomach aches from diet pepsi, but nothing severe.
a lot of people think aspertame is poisionous you may be sensitive to itavoid it to be on the safe side
no i rarely drink it but one time i had drank a lime deit coke and almost threw up
Yeah, aspartame can be toxic when large amounts are ingested. I think most people have heard this, but don't give it too much thought, don't look into the possibility further or simply don't know where to look, or fail to consider that anything negative could happen to them as a result of their beverage choices. Some use anecdotal evidence to support their choices---comments like: "well, I've been drinking it for years and nothing has happened to me". Ignorance is bliss, sometimes.Perhaps you can find something on the net regarding aspartame and activism. Why not do a search. More people SHOULD have the facts on this. You are living proof of that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment