Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Has anyone has success with the Southbeach Diet.?

I am not one for fad diets or diet pills but I had put on some weight and recently found out that I have hypothyroidism, so anyways now I am on Synthroid. I want to take off some weight and maintain a normal weight. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestions. I have heard that the Southbeach Diet is very sensible and doesn't cut out one specific food group. I already exercise and walk a lot on at my job, I'm a nurse. I can run for 30-45 minutes on the treadmill and lift lite weights. I don't really want to do anymore but I do need a book or something to give me diet suggestions, I know the basics, I need something that will give me a structured eating plan but at the same time, something I can do long term. Thanks!
Answer:
my Dr. suggested that i try south beach to eat healthier, as I have a strong history of diabetes in my family. It was very easy to stick to.
It has a two week induction where you cut out ALOT of carbs and sugar, but its vey important becuase you really do stop craving them so much, and things that are naturally sweet will begin to taste sweeter. I also lost about 8 lbs on it, and it hasn;'t come back. once you get past the induction, the diet is a bit more relaxed, however, its not a "6 month diet". its a lifestyle change. you will learn to replace fatty and unhealthy foods that we are so used to eating, with whole grain goodness (which also tastes better than it used to once you get past the sugar cravings). The prepackaged meals taste good too, and they arn't too expensive, but cooking good that fits the diet is super easy also. one other great thing is that this diet is constantly feeding you... im an eater, i LOVE to eat... and i actually got to the point where i was just so sick of eating all day long. lol. i think southbeach is great. its very healthy. and very easy. your whole bod will feel better. if you want more info on it, i spent a few weeks researching meal ideas, etc (like what to plan for work week and stuff) feel free to email me. The most difficult part of this diet was cooking for my bf. he is very thin and i always felt bad making him eat "diet" food. I usually gave him an extra helping of fruit or made some potatoes or something for him, and extra veggies for myself fo my plate wouldn't look empty (where that delicious stuffing should be!!) go luck on getting healthier. =)
if you adhere to it you will lose the weight but no deviations
Eat only when hungry and that too not more than three times a day. Nothing except water in between. Chew each morsel at least 32 times so that ur body systems start functioning and give u signals that u have had enough.Take light exercises and walks regularly. U will achieve ur ideal weight in a reasonable time span and u will also be able to maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment