Saturday, August 8, 2009

Have u ever looked at food as your enemy? I have, and i almost died as a result of that. Could anyone else?

SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE?
Answer:
Yes, I had eating disorders for years. It was horrible. I had a mantra at the time, the Latin phrase for "that which nourishes me, destroys me" and repeated it every time I went to eat. As a result I'm only 25 and have had a stroke, 2 heart attacks, ulcers, stomach infections, and lots of other problems.
I understand your statement of "food as an enemy", your not alone in having those feelings. I too almost died of complications due to an eating disorder. Recovery is a long process, and relapses are common. I suffered mostly from anorexia, but also had bulimic tendencies. I had cardiac arrhythmia, became anemic, and at 17 years of age I had a minor stroke. You just need to come to terms with your own mortality, take it one day at a time.
I have, and i still do. I don't know why. I hate looking at food and people eating, it makes me feel disgusting. i dont like fatness and i need to lose weight, so i shouldnt eat, but then when someone makes me eat i feel terrible after and i dont want to keep it inside me which makes me feel worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment