Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Going to try the atkins diet. but I do not know what carbs are can anyone help?

I GUESS I have no clue to what carbs are. I really don't know what I should and should not eat. can anyone help this dummy me lol. are there any good websites that have free recipes that are the true recipesour give me some info on this.
Answer:
Try this: http://www.atkins.com/There are simple carbs and complex carbs. There are carbs you want to avoid altogether on Atkins or other low carb diets, and carbs you want to eat. In the early stages of Atkins, for example, you don't want to eat pasta. On the other hand, vegetables also contain carbs, and you DO want to eat those. And when considering total carb intake you want to be looking at net carbs: essentially, you want to discount the fiber.Other sites to check out to help you understand this better (there's loads of sites out there about low carb eating, just do a google search and see what looks most helpful to you):http://www.lowcarb.ca/
http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/...I agree fully with the first person who answered: you really should read the book (the revised edition, it clarifies some things). There's a lot of misinformation about Atkins and if you end up following the "word of mouth Atkins diet," as I call it, you may be doing yourself a disservice. You really should understand it before trying it. Good luck.
Carbs come from sugars, breads, cereal, rice, potatoes...Stuff that has no carbs are meat, eggs, cheese, water, You can eat most vegetables too, but a lot of fruits have sugar...so yes on salads, beans, carrots...no to apples, oranges and pineapple. Potatoes are a big no-no.
You know I have seen Atkins work, but I have to tell you you would be better off cutting calories and exercising. You do lose weight but once you quit the diet you gain back everything you lost and then some!

No comments:

Post a Comment