Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Has anyone read Kevin Trudeua's book entitled "weight loss cure"? His description seems illogical!!

This gentleman has 3 informercials on at the same time adveristing a book called the "Weight Loss Cure". Intially I thought there was some truth to what he was saying. However, his comments seem very contradictory when you listen to him.He stated that the Government allows certain chemicals in our foods which affect the hypothalamus and metabolism, causing weight gain, slow metabolism, and abnormal cravings. I'm inclined to agree with this, though I can't prove it.However, he goes on to say, after following the protocol in his book, imbalances will be corrected, fat permently removed, and one can resume eating all the same foods without worry of these problems repeating themselves.That makes no sense to me!! I would think, if the chemicals in our food is the cause of these problems, the moment one resumes eating these foods, it would start the process all over again? He also claims to have lost 45 lbs in six weeks. Has anyone read the book? If so, what is this "cure"?
Answer:
I have his first book (Natural Cures THEY Don't Want You To Know About) and it's a total scam. Basically the same thing as the Weight Loss book. He's a total conspiracy theorist (and like you said, some of what he says makes sense, but he really takes it TOO far, I think). Yes, eating less chemicals and preservatives is healthier - that's obvious. But he keeps going - telling you that there's this miracle cure or that miracle supplement, but the FDA prohibits him from telling you about it in his book. So, go to his website and get the info. You go to the website and it's about $99 for a one year membership. Uhm... no thanks. Not to mention he's had thousands of complaints about his business practices. Triple billing, can't stop the monthly charge, etc. So far I don't know ANYONE who has actually been able to follow his protocol and get results, because it's all completely unrealistic.
And as for being able to go back to eating all these foods and not having a repeat of the problem, that makes NO sense. If the drugs/chemicals are in the food, what would stop it from happening again?
Eat as natural as possible, keep the chemicals to a minimum, get exercise - all realistic answers to the weight loss problem for MOST people. He, however, is nothing but a scam artist. I agree, the FDA and drug companies and food manufacturers are probably doing some things we'd prefer to believe they'd never do. But I'm not sure they're at the level that he suggests.
If he were in this to help people, not to make money, why are his books $30, and memberships to his website so expensive?
http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/na...
I'm just glad I only paid $2 for the book at a thrift store!!!
I have seen the infomercial also so I decided to try and find some validating research on what he said and well I found nothing. About the only real important facts I found were listed here:
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/health/story?...Please do the research before you try anything!
You are right about the statements that are contradictory. I read the book because a lot of my clients were asking questions about it. I wrote a full review at my site of regarding the weight loss cure.
Just click on the source link for the full review of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment