Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Help with Eating Disorders?

I am 14 years old, and I am obsessed with being skinny, not all the time but especially when I see stick skinny models walking down the runway. I think those models are very beautiful and some of them do look too skinny, but then again, some look just gorgeous. I am 5'7 and I weigh 105 lbs... I still (honestly) think I am too fat, although when I compare my weight to others its not...
When I look in the mirror, I dont see a fat person, but I dont see a stick person either.
I also think that people with a size 6 or up are 'fat'. I am a size 0 and I am very proud of it, although I do believe I can be skinnier and look better in the clothes I wear. This is not realy a question but I would just like to know, because whenever I try to say (or point out) to someone that I find those models beautiful they are like; No, too skinny, etc. I dont diet a lot, but would this be the behaviour of someone with an eating disorder??
Answer:
If you eat normally and eat healthy foods as well as exercise regularly, then your problem is just your attitude and it's not reflecting in your behavior. It may eventually lead to an eating disorder, though that is not a guarantee. If you are really concerned about this, talk to your doctor and see if you should see a psychologist.What I don't understand is why anyone would want to be a stick figure. Women are supposed to have a little more fat on their bodies so they can bear healthy children. We're aren't supposed to be twig-people. Gaining weight as you get older is inevitable barring any terminal illnesses. A size 6 is still pretty small, you know... But whatever... to each his/her own. As long as you're not in peoples' faces telling them they're a "Fat Cow" when they are a size 7...
I'm pretty sure you have an eating didsorder, plus i bet you're way to skinny, like i could break your arm skinny. But you are 14 and 5'7 so maybe im overreacting. Try talking to someone close. Plus thinking that girls that look like pencils, to the point where you can see their bones, spine,and rib cage is not normal, even pencil thin.
i am a y 5 10.i am 99 pounds amd i have to wear kids clothes.it sucks.but most models eat like maybe 800cls a day and exercise a lot.if you wanna look like a model put the cookies and cake away and eat really healthy.try ddr workout model.pencil thin is ok if you are a model but in this world people would yell at you like they do to me.just dont starve yourself because this will be you.
R.I.P.DEATH!DONT BELIEVE ME THEN TRY IT I DARE YOU
Theres some good information on eating disorders, symptoms and treatments etc here http://geobay.com/e7f036 hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment