Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Help me!!!?

ok so im 5'6" and about 137lbs. i feel totally depressed about how i look etc. my goal is 125 by june (summer!) ive been saying id do this 4 years but i cant find motivation or anything that seems 2 work. suggestions? (im 17yrs)
Answer:
I agree with the other answers so far. It doesn't sound like you are really overweight. So, maybe you just need to start a healthy way of living. Yoga is terrific to get your mind clear and your body strong. You will be amazed at your energy level and how tone your body becomes. Let your family and friends know that you are looking to improve yourself, from the inside out. I am sure they will support you and you may even find that, along with cheering you on, they may even join you!
You're not overweight by much. What I would do is just some toning, yoga, kick boxing, or anything fun that you like to do. Even walk around the mall with friends, or sports you like to play. Give yourself a week to prepare before you start to exercise which will give you motivation to start. Look up some sports/exercises you heard about that sound good to you. If it's something fun, it will motivate you.
try finding a really beautiful pretty dress that u really really want like a size that u are aiming for,
get ur parents or friends to motivate u and to support u
137 is good, decent weight... limit yourself with suggary stuff and high in fat foods. you got time, so use it.
First of all you are not really overweight...go to the library and get the South Beach Diet book. It is a good plan of healthy eating to help you achieve your goals. Motivation is always hard to come by....for all of us....If you can't eat healthier try walking every day or taking steps often. Doing pushups during TV commercials is a great way to burn tons of calories!
Set a realistic goal of losing 3 pounds a month. That way, you don't have to be too strict with yourself.
dont try to lose weight just work out and your a good weight for your height
My darling girl, you are tall and at 137 pounds you are definately not big. You have to be comfortable with who you are on the inside, after all it is just a body and you can say proudly and boldly, I am 5'6" 137 pounds and SO WHAT! I am a good person, I am a clean person, I am a good student, to the rest of it SO WHAT?!!! Accept yourself and when you do, you will find that others will accept you too. I am 53, 238 pounds and 5'1" and to the world I say SO WHAT!!!!!! I am a good person, good mother, grandmother and friend. What do I care what I look like, I am a good person. Be proud of yourself sweetie. Good luck, God bless and put angels on your pillows.
Don't worry so much about a few pounds. Try to be more active ... pick a sport or an activity that you enjoy, and that you can share with others. It also helps to have a group of people being active together, that way you can help motivate each other.When I was at my old job, a group of us went running together. I got my weight down and even completed a half-marathon. I don't have that support group now, so I've put on about 20 pounds. It's harder trying to exercise and diet by yourself, get a support group!Good luck!
You have a body mass index of 22, which is well within the range of what defines a healthy body weight for you. If you feel depressed about your appearance, it is not a weight problem, but a self esteem problem. Healthy eating and active living, enough sleep and good mental health is the only way to go pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment